What not to do while you start your career in acting industry:
Acting Industry is a vast industry, every year thousands of aspiring actors walk in anticipation of work. While you are staring your career in the industry, please make sure of certain things which you don’t have to do:
- Don’t give up your reputation: Film Industry mostly works on having good contacts hence reputation matters here. If you promise anything and don’t deliver, your credibility is lost then and there.
- Relationships here are mostly for history and not for friendship: People may be connected to each other for long time during filming of the movie, but they might not see each other outside of work. Hence be vigilant and don’t give in to friendships here.
- It’s the work of gamble: Put in your best but don’t expect much, the decision makers might choose anyone.
What should a new comer specially a female should be careful of when they decide to enter the film industry:
- Audition only at authorized places: Check the authentication of the place where you have been called for audition.
- Take someone along: If possible take someone along either a family member or a friend who is ready to come.
- Leave if you find place shady: If you feel the place where audition is being taken is shady, leave fr
- om there then and there.
- Inappropriate behavior: While you are in audition room, if you find anyone’s behavior inappropriate, raise an alarm, don’t just keep quite.
- Last but important: Acting is not end of world; don’t compromise yourself so much that you loose your self-respect.
Thus, above are few examples of how industry might work or seem to you on first go. You may have many good and bad experiences in the industry, but remember, you are your own creator and destroyer. You have to take care of yourself. Others like acting institutes or audition institutes can only give you precautionary notes.
Leave a reply